Welcome to Island Eats, the place where you can find yummy recipes every Sunday. This week we have super easy Fluffy American Blueberry Pancakes. The perfect Sunday treat! Light, fluffy and fruity, these pancakes are an American classic. Serve them stacked high with syrup and extra fruit.
Makes: 10 Pancakes
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
200g Self-raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Knob of Butter
Sunflower Oil or Butter for cooking
Golden or Maple Syrup
- Mix together 200g self-raising flour, 1 tsp basking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Beat 1 egg with 300ml milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk to make a thick, smooth batter.
- Beat in a knob of melted butter and gently stir in 150g of blueberries.
- Heat a teaspoon of sunflower oil or small knob of butter into a large non-stick pan.
- Drop a large tablespoon of the batter per pancake into the pan to make the pancakes about 7.5cm across. Make three or four pancakes at a time.
- Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Cover with kitchen paper to keep warm while you use up the rest of the batter.
- Serve with golden or maple syrup and a handful of blueberries. For an extra touch sprinkle some icing sugar on top and add a dollop of cream.