What better day to enjoy a delicious stir fry than Chinese New Year? But before you reach for the phone to call up your local takeaway and blow that new year’s resolution to make more food yourself, why not try making something yourself?
We’ve tried this tofu stir fry ourselves and it’s safe to say that it’s darn delicious. Not only that, but it’s meat-free, cheap and easy to make, so whichever new year’s resolutions you’re striving to maintain, it’s very unlikely this particular recipe will see you breaking them.
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 chili, deseeded, diced into small pieces
- 2 heads of pak choi, cut into quarters
- 1 piece of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 200g soya beans (about half a tin, if you’re using tins)
- 300g marinated tofu
- 25g cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat oil in wok or pan.
- Fry broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and chili, fry for a further 1 minutes.
- Add spring onions, soya beans, pak choi and tofu, fry for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add soy beans, cashew nuts and hoisin sauce and immediately remove from heat.